If you are a journalist producing feature-length content, in a high-audience outlet that will inspire travel to Richmond, you may qualify for some level of trip support. We receive a high number of media requests and regret that we can’t assist in all cases. Each submission is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
MEDIA VISIT GUIDELINES
- We require at least four weeks’ notice of your visit to asses the level of support we can provide. We recommend providing additional notice during peak season (June to September).
- Media may be asked to submit an Assignment Letter from their outlet or editor, and may also be asked to provide three recently published clips or articles.
- After your visit, Media are required to send us an original and/or legible copy of any article or broadcast tapes/clips that resulted from your assisted visit. We are unable to assist with future media requests from media who fail to provide us with results.
- Tourism Richmond does not provide complimentary airfare or ground transportation, though air sponsorship may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Tourism Richmond does not guarantee complimentary or press rate accommodations, meals, tours or experiences. Complimentary arrangements are provided at the discretion of the host business and are subject to availability.
- Film crews: Tourism Richmond cannot arrange necessary work visas or film permits. Your team will need to organize this yourself. Tourism Richmond can provide contact information.
- Tourism Richmond does not provide assistance for personal traveling companions.
TOURISM RICHMOND CAN OFFER THE FOLLOWING SERVICES AND RESOURCES FOR MEDIA:
- Editorial content and fact checking
- Imagebank access
- Broadcast-quality video footage
- Itinerary planning
- Arranging interviews
- Location scouting
Visiting media and influencers are responsible for advising us of any changes to their travel plans immediately, and may be subject to certain conditions, charges, fees and/or their own travel insurance requirements.
Please contact us if you would like to apply for a media visit.